- Results of applications selection
- Questions? Make an appointment for a Sype meeting writing to biocirce.unimib.it
- Financial Aid: A number of fellowships (covering at least the tuition fees) will be available for students who will obtain better results in the intermediate examinations and in the defence of their Thesis
Students study the entire value chain of bio-based products: the production of raw materials in agricultural ecosystems in diverse climatic regions, the properties and supply logistics of biological resources, the bio-technological and industrial processes used to convert these resources into (new) bio-based products, and the marketing and consumption of final products. Studying the entire value chain for bio-based products give to professionals the opportunity to deal with the environmental, social and economic dimensions of the bio-economy from a micro and a macro level perspective, including innovation, institutions and policies.
Biocirce graduates will excel in strategic thinking on how to find solutions to practical issues related to innovation and corporate strategy, policy and regulation, collaborative R&D models, governance and intellectual property.
Basic scientific knowledge is no longer sufficient for building a successful career in the growing bio-economy industry. This sector has a high demand for trained professionals, and the Biocirce master provides the tools and the knowledge needed to be successful in the public, private and non-profit sectors with a high grade of expertise in life science innovation.
The Biocirce program enables graduates to be more competitive and to undertake international career paths in a wide range of organizations related to the world of industrial multinational firms, small- and medium-sized enterprises, national and international public administrations, think tanks and international trade institutions.
The transferable skills in areas like communication and research will give to graduates an added value in the related job market, whatever career they decide to pursue in your future.
The program welcomes students from all different backgrounds:
- Graduate scientists who want to pursue a career outside the lab
- Social scientists and business studies students who want to develop their interests in life science innovation
- People already working in biotechnology related fields who wish to engage further
The master program is designed for two groups of students that are professionals with either scientific or legal/economic background.